Other Resources

Print This Page

Other Agencies

The agencies listed below may be able to provide answers to your questions about campaign and lobbyist reports, federal election issues, criminal prosecution of campaign law violations, and other issues.

  • The California Secretary of State issues ID numbers to campaigns and committees, registers lobbyists, receives campaign and lobbying disclosure reports, provides technical assistance to filers, and maintains disclosure reports for public access.
      California Secretary of State
      Political Reform Division
      1500 11th Street, Room 495
      Sacramento, CA 95814
      TEL: (916) 653-6224
      FAX: (916) 653-5045

  • California - the state homepage http://www.ca.gov/

  • The Federal Election Commission (FEC) administers and enforces the federal statute that governs the financing of federal elections, including races for the House of Representatives, the U.S. Senate, and president.

      Federal Election Commission
      999 E Street, NW
      Washington, DC 20463
      TEL: (800) 424-9530
      (202) 694-1100
      TTY (202) 219-3336

  • The Attorney General is the elected head of California's Department of Justice. The Attorney General represents the people of California before trial, appellate, and Supreme Courts of California and the United States in criminal and civil matters; serves as legal counsel to State officers, boards, commissions, and departments; and assists district attorneys in the administration of justice.

      Office of the Attorney General
      Department of Justice
      1300 I Street
      P.O. Box 944255
      Sacramento, CA 94244-2550
      TEL: (916) 445-9555
      (800) 952-5225

  • Your local district attorney is responsible for prosecuting criminal violations of state laws. For contact information, check local directory listings under county offices.

  • State Franchise Tax Board Phone (800) 338-0505

      Committee Tax Status
      Tax Deductible Contributions
      Charitable Non-Profit Groups
      Other Tax-Related Questions

  • Internal Revenue Service
    Phone (800) 829-4933

    Federal Taxpayer I.D. Numbers
    Any Other Tax-Related Questions

  • Council on Government Ethics Laws (COGEL) - www.cogel.org
      Provides links to many other state ethics and campaign finance commissions.

Local Government Ethics Agencies/Commissions:

Other State Ethics Commissions

Voter Information Form 700 Advice through Email YouTube - Candidate and Treasurer Workshop Preview Agendas Political Reform Act Complaint Closure Letter
< >

FPPC Toll-Free

1-866-ASK-FPPC (1-866-275-3772)
Monday through Thursday
9:00am - 11:30am

Facebook FPPC Twitter Youtube RSS Email