In an effort to keep you informed regarding new and updated laws, manuals, forms, and other FPPC publications and services, this page will be updated each time changes occur. In most cases, links to updated material will remain for six months after the date of publication.
Form 700 Materials Updated for the New Year
- The new Form 700, Amendment Form, and Reference Pamphlet have been posted.
Form 700 Filing Official Workshops
- Form 700 Filing Official workshops for State and Local Filing Officials are now open for registration! These February workshops will take place at the FPPC in Sacramento.
State and Local Post-Employment Factsheets
- Legislation effective January 1, 2018 changed the rules on post-employment restrictions. Updated information and factsheets have been posted here.
Special Election Filing Schedules for Assembly Districts 39, 45 and 54
- The Filing Schedules for the 2018 Special Election in Assembly Districts 39, 45 and 54 have been posted.
Recent Changes to the Law
- Summaries of legislative and regulatory changes made to the Political Reform Act in 2017 can be found here.
Advertising Disclaimer Comparison Chart
- Due to the passage of the Disclose Act (AB 249), new disclaimer rules are in effect as of January 1, 2018. Posted here is a preliminary chart that compares existing rules with new rules.
- We have enhanced our campaign toolkit to include more comprehensive information for first-time candidates.
Recall Elections FAQs
- The Recall Elections FAQ has been updated to reflect changes as a result of the Rios Opinion - O-17-001.