January 10, 2019 Committee Agenda
The Law and Policy Committee will hold a committee meeting on January 10, 2019, at 2:30 p.m. The committee will meet to discuss and the public is welcome to listen to the committee proceedings.
1. Streamline Fine Regulation. The Committee will discuss the proposed regulation regarding the Streamline Fine Program. The Committee may recommend the Commission adopt or amend the regulation.
2. Legislation Update. The Committee will receive an update from staff on Commission’s actions in December related to sponsored legislation. The Committee may recommend the Commission adopt specific actions for sponsored legislation.
3. Legislative Delegation. The Committee will discuss options for delegating authority to the Executive Director related to accepting or refusing proposed amendments to the Commission’s sponsored legislation. The Committee may recommend the Commission authorize the Executive Director to take specific actions under certain conditions.
- You may listen to this committee meeting by teleconference by calling: (877) 411-9748; access code 723284.
- For questions about this meeting, you may contact Phillip Ung at (916) 322-5660.
The Commission has established two separate two-person standing advisory committees, the Budget and Personnel Committee and the Law and Policy Committee, to allow greater participation by individual Commissioners in making recommendations to the full Commission. In recognition of the public’s interest in the meetings of these committees, the Commission has directed the committees to allow the public to monitor committee deliberations, whenever possible, by publishing a two-day notice of the meeting and allowing callers to listen to the proceeding with a call-in telephone number. (See Commission Regulation 18308.1(d)(2)(E).)
As two-person advisory committees, Bagley Keene Open Meeting Requirements (Government Code Sections 11120 - 11132) do not apply to the committee meetings, and the committees are not currently soliciting public comment during their meetings. However, all public comments regarding the proposed agenda items are welcomed and encouraged prior to the meeting. If you would like to comment on an agenda item, you may email your comments to the Commission Assistant at CommAsst@fppc.ca.gov. Any comments submitted prior to the meeting will be provided to the committee members for consideration at the meeting.
Fair Political Practices Commission
1102 Q Street, Suite 3000
Sacramento, CA 95811
General Contact Line: (916)322-5660
Advice Line: 1-866-ASK-FPPC (1-866-275-3772)