August 7, 2020 Committee Agenda
The Law and Policy Committee will hold a committee meeting on August 7, 2020, at 10:00 a.m. The committee will meet to discuss and the public is welcome to listen and participate in the committee proceedings. To submit public comment prior to the meeting, email email@example.com. To participate in real time, visit http://mediasite.fppc.ca.gov/.
1. Public Comment for items not on the agenda.
2. Approval of June 4, 2020 minutes.
3. Behested Payment Discussion. Update on Staff outreach to date, including summary of interested persons comments to date. Staff presentation of summary of similar laws in key states. Staff presentation of recommended timeline for Committee work on behested payments issues.
4. Interested Person Feedback on Pre-Noticed Amendments to Regulations Governing Enforcement Processes. Interested Persons are invited to provide input/comments to the Committee concerning Proposed Amendments to Regulations Governing Enforcement Process which were presented for pre-notice discussion at the June 2020 Commission meeting and which are scheduled to be presented to the Commission for adoption in August 2020.
Proposed Repeal of Regulation 18360
Proposed Adoption of Regulation 18360
Proposed Amendment to Regualtion 18361.4
Proposed Amendment to Regualtion 18361.5
Proposed Amendment to Regualtion 18361.9
Proposed Amendment to Regualtion 18361.11
Proposed Amendment to Regualtion 18404.2
Comment Letter - CPAA, Elli Abdoli and Emily Andrews
Comment Letter - John Dade
Comment Letter - Glen
Comment Letter - CSAC, Laura E. Hirahara
Comment Letter - Michael Columbo
Attachment - Michael Columbo
5. Committee Naming Requirements Fact Sheet. Update on Staff progress developing Fact Sheets for committee naming requirements.
6. Discussion of Advisory Committee procedures. Committee members will discuss standardized procedures for setting advisory committee meetings, agendas, activities, etc.
7. Discussion of items for September 2020 Committee meeting. Committee members and staff will discuss proposed agenda items for the September 2020 committee meeting.
- You may listen to and participate in this committee meeting by teleconference by calling: (877) 411-9748; access code 723284.
- For questions about this meeting, you may contact the Commission Assistant at (916) 327-8269.
 The Commission has established two-person advisory committees to allow greater participation by individual Commissioners in making recommendations to the full Commission. In recognition of the public’s interest in the meetings of these committees, the Commission has directed the committees to allow the public to monitor committee deliberations, whenever possible, by publishing a five-day notice of the meeting and allowing callers to listen and participate to the proceeding with a call-in telephone number.
As two-person advisory committees, Bagley Keene Open Meeting Requirements (Government Code Sections 11120 - 11132) do not apply to the committee meeting. However, the Commission will be soliciting public comment before and during the meeting. If you would like to comment on an agenda item prior to the meeting, you may email your comments to the Commission Assistant at CommAsst@fppc.ca.gov. Any comments submitted prior to the meeting will be provided to the committee members for consideration at the meeting. Additionally, the Commission is permitting public participation through the online portal: http://mediasite.fppc.ca.gov/