December 9, 2020 Committee Agenda
The Law and Policy Committee will hold a committee meeting on December 9, 2020, at 10:00 a.m. The committee will meet to discuss and determine recommendations to make to the full Commission and the public can both listen and participate in the committee proceedings. To submit public comment prior to the meeting, email email@example.com. To participate in real time, visit http://mediasite.fppc.ca.gov/ or call into the phone number listed at the bottom of this notice.
1. Public Comment for items not on the agenda.
2. Approval of November 13, 2020 minutes.
3. Commissioner Compensation Policy. Staff: Dave Bainbridge, General Counsel. The Committee will consider a motion to be made at the next Commission meeting to delegate the Commission’s authority to amend the existing Commissioner Compensation policy.
4. Interested Person Feedback on Pre-Noticed Amendments to Regulations Governing the Enforcement Division’s Streamline and Warning Letter Programs and New Tier Two Streamline Program. Staff: Galena West, Executive Director and Angela Brereton, Chief of Enforcement. Discussion of the Enforcement Division’s Streamline and Warning Letter Programs policy goals and invitation to the public to provide input to the Committee concerning proposed amendments and new Tier Two Streamline Program, which were presented for pre-notice discussion at the July 2020 Commission.
5. Legislative Update. Staff: Lindsey Nakano, Legislative Counsel. The Committee will receive an update on the progress of PRA related legislation and future legislation approved by the Commission.
6. Discussion of items for January 2021 Committee meeting. Committee members and staff will discuss proposed agenda items for the January 2021 committee meeting.
- You may listen to and participate in this committee meeting by teleconference by calling: (877) 411-9748; access code 723284.
- For questions about this meeting, you may contact the Commission Assistant at (916) 327-8269.
 The Commission has established two-person advisory committees to allow greater participation by individual Commissioners in making recommendations to the full Commission. In recognition of the public’s interest in the meetings of these committees, the Commission has directed the committees to allow the public to monitor committee deliberations, whenever possible, by publishing a five-day notice of the meeting and allowing callers to listen and participate to the proceeding with a call-in telephone number.
As two-person advisory committees, Bagley Keene Open Meeting Requirements (Government Code Sections 11120 - 11132) do not apply to the committee meeting. However, the Commission will be soliciting public comment before and during the meeting. If you would like to comment on an agenda item prior to the meeting, you may email your comments to the Commission Assistant at CommAsst@fppc.ca.gov. Any comments submitted prior to the meeting will be provided to the committee members for consideration at the meeting. Additionally, the Commission is permitting public participation through the online portal: http://mediasite.fppc.ca.gov/
Fair Political Practices Commission
1102 Q Street, Suite 3000
Sacramento, CA 95811
General Contact Line: (916)322-5660
Advice Line: 1-866-ASK-FPPC (1-866-275-3772)