March 11, 2020 Committee Agenda
The Law and Policy Committee will hold a committee meeting on March 11, 2020, at 10:00 a.m. The committee will meet to discuss and the public is welcome to listen and participate in the committee proceedings. To participate in real time, visit http://mediasite.fppc.ca.gov/.
1. Update on Sponsored Committee Regulation.
2. Update on Return of Excess Contribution Regulation.
3. Discussion of Options for Gathering Information on Behested Payments Issues.
4. Legislative Update.
- You may participate in this committee meeting in person at the Commission’s offices.
- You may listen to and participate in this committee meeting by teleconference by calling: (877) 411-9748; access code 723284.
- For questions about this meeting, you may contact the Commission Assistant at (916) 322-5660.
 The Commission has established two separate two-person standing advisory committees, the Budget and Personnel Committee and the Law and Policy Committee, to allow greater participation by individual Commissioners in making recommendations to the full Commission. In recognition of the public’s interest in the meetings of these committees, the Commission has directed the committees to allow the public to monitor committee deliberations, whenever possible, by publishing a five-day notice of the meeting and allowing callers to listen to the proceeding with a call-in telephone number. Additionally, the Commission is permitting public participation in the noticed meeting in person or via telephone.
As two-person advisory committees, Bagley Keene Open Meeting Requirements (Government Code Sections 11120 - 11132) do not apply to the committee meeting. However, the Commission will be soliciting public comment before and during the meeting. If you would like to comment on an agenda item prior to the meeting, you may email your comments to the Commission Assistant at CommAsst@fppc.ca.gov. Any comments submitted prior to the meeting will be provided to the committee members for consideration at the meeting.