September 9, 2020 Committee Agenda
The Law and Policy Committee will hold a committee meeting on September 9, 2020, at 10:00 a.m. The committee will meet to discuss and the public is welcome to listen and participate in the committee proceedings. To submit public comment prior to the meeting, email firstname.lastname@example.org. To participate in real time, visit http://mediasite.fppc.ca.gov/.
1. Public Comment for items not on the agenda.
2. Approval of August 7, 2020 minutes.
3. Behested Payment Discussion. Staff: Dave Bainbridge, General Counsel and Karen Harrison, Senior Commission Counsel. Presentation by Patrick Ford, San Francisco Ethics Commission. Update on Staff outreach to date. Discussion of proposed changes to Form 803. Discussion of proposed Fact Sheet to address frequently asked questions.
4. Interested Person Feedback on Pre-Noticed Amendments to Regulations Governing Enforcement Processes. Staff: Dave Bainbridge, General Counsel, John Feser, Senior Commission Counsel, and Jack Woodside, Senior Commission Counsel. Interested Persons are invited to provide input/comments to the Committee concerning Proposed Amendments to Regulations Governing Enforcement Process which were presented for pre-notice discussion at the June 2020 Commission meeting and which are scheduled to be presented to the Commission for adoption in October 2020.
Proposed Adoption of Regulation 18360
Proposed Amendments to Regulation 18361.1
Proposed Amendments to Regulation 18361.4
Proposed Amendments to Regulation 18361.5
Proposed Amendments to Regulation 18361.9
Proposed Amendments to Regulation 18361.11
Proposed Amendments to Regulation 18404.2
5. Interested Person Feedback on Pre-Noticed Amendments to Regulations Governing the Enforcement Division’s Streamline and Warning Letter Programs and New Tier Two Streamline Program. Staff: Galena West, Executive Director and Dave Bainbridge, General Counsel. Interested Persons are invited to provide input/comments to the Committee concerning Proposed Amendments to Regulations Governing the Enforcement Division’s Streamline and Warning Letter Programs and New Tier Two Streamline Program which were presented for pre-notice discussion at the July 2020 Commission meeting and which are scheduled to be presented to the Commission for adoption in October 2020.
6. Discussion of items for October 2020 Committee meeting. Committee members and staff will discuss proposed agenda items for the October 2020 committee meeting.
- You may listen to and participate in this committee meeting by teleconference by calling: (877) 411-9748; access code 723284.
- For questions about this meeting, you may contact the Commission Assistant at (916) 327-8269.
 The Commission has established two-person advisory committees to allow greater participation by individual Commissioners in making recommendations to the full Commission. In recognition of the public’s interest in the meetings of these committees, the Commission has directed the committees to allow the public to monitor committee deliberations, whenever possible, by publishing a five-day notice of the meeting and allowing callers to listen and participate to the proceeding with a call-in telephone number.
As two-person advisory committees, Bagley Keene Open Meeting Requirements (Government Code Sections 11120 - 11132) do not apply to the committee meeting. However, the Commission will be soliciting public comment before and during the meeting. If you would like to comment on an agenda item prior to the meeting, you may email your comments to the Commission Assistant at CommAsst@fppc.ca.gov. Any comments submitted prior to the meeting will be provided to the committee members for consideration at the meeting. Additionally, the Commission is permitting public participation through the online portal: http://mediasite.fppc.ca.gov/
Fair Political Practices Commission
1102 Q Street, Suite 3000
Sacramento, CA 95811
General Contact Line: (916)322-5660
Advice Line: 1-866-ASK-FPPC (1-866-275-3772)