Newly Adopted, Amended, or Repealed Regulations
The following regulations have recently been adopted, amended, or repealed by the FPPC.
Once adopted, amended, or repealed, FPPC staff forwards regulations to the Office of Administrative Law for filing with the Secretary of State. Regulations and amendments go into effect 30 days after they are filed with the Secretary of State's office, unless otherwise specified. Emergency regulations go into effect upon filing.
Newly Adopted and Amended
- 18225.7. Made at the Behest; Independent versus Coordinated Expenditures. (amended), effective 11/19/22
- 18315. Complaint against a Commissioner. (amended), effective 9/21/22
- 18360. Complaints Filed with the Commission. (amended), effective 9/21/22
- 18400. Treasurer, Assistant Treasurer, Responsible Officer, and Principal Officer Capacity. (amended), effective 12/17/22
- 18410. Statement of Organization (amended), effective 1/1/2024
- 18421.2. Cryptocurrency Contributions (adopted), effective 9/21/22
- 18531.5. Recall Elections (amended), effective12/17/22
- 18545. Contribution Limit and Voluntary Expenditure Ceiling Amounts (amended), effective 1/19/23
- 18624. Lobbyist Arranging Gifts (amended), effective 1/12/23
- 18625. Placing Official Under Personal Obligation (amended), effective 1/12/23
- 18626. Contigency Fees Prohibition (adopted), effective 1/12/23
- 18700. Basic Rule and Guide to Conflict of Interest Regulations (amended), effective 1/19/23
- 18730. Provisions of Conflict of Interest Codes (amended), effective 1/19/23
- 18940.2 Gift Limit Amount (amended), effective 1/19/23
- 18215.4. Cryptocurrency Contributions (repeal), effective 9/21/22
*An alternate version of this regulation was adopted in 2021 with an operative date contingent on the Secretary of State’s CAL-ACCESS Replacement System (CARS) being implemented. The contingent version was adopted with the expectation that CARS would be implemented on a specific date. However, shortly after adopting the contingent version, implementation of CARS was indefinitely delayed. In order to avoid confusion among the regulated community as to which version of the regulation was currently in effect, the regulation has been amended to remove the alternate version with a contingent operative date. Once CARS is ultimately implemented, the alternate version of the regulation will be resubmitted for adoption.