Form 801 (Payments to Agency Report)

Form 801 is used to report certain payments received by state and local government agencies that are used for agency purposes and paid by a third party which may include a payment for an official’s travel expenses for the purpose of facilitating the public’s business in lieu of using agency funds; and a payment that would otherwise be considered a gift or income to the benefiting official, but is instead accepted on behalf of the agency. 

The FPPC is required to post:

  • State Agency non-travel forms
  • Local Agency non-travel forms IF the agency does not have a website.
Otherwise, the FPPC receives the following forms, but is not required to post them.
  • All state agency forms
  • All local agency travel forms
  • We receive local agency non-travel forms ONLY If the agency does not have a website.

Form 801s that the FPPC is required to post are available by year below. You may request a copy of a filed Form 801, including those that the FPPC is not required to post, and those that were filed with the FPPC prior to 2018, by e-mail at