The Political Reform Act
Below are links to the current version of the Political Reform Act, its appendices, and an index of terms. The appendices to the Act include legal opinions issued by the Commission as well as the relevant statutory provisions that relate to government contracting law which has recently come under the jurisdiction of the FPPC (Gov. Code, §§ 1090 et seq.).
The Act is updated annually to reflect statutory changes enacted by the Legislature or by voters through the initiative process. A highlighted version of the Act and its appendices has been provided to easily show what changes have been made over the last year.
A detailed History of the Act is available for those interested in learning more about the landmark law that cemented California as a national leader in regulating campaign finance and government ethics.
If you have questions about your obligations under the Act, Ask the FPPC for Advice.
- Political Reform Act of 1974 (2022, Highlighted Version)
- Political Reform Act of 1974 (2022)
- Appendix I - Summary of Opinions (2022)
- Appendix II - Enforcement Decision Citiations (2022)
- Appendix III - Summary of Enforcement Decisions (2022)
- Appendix IV - Government Code Sections 1090-1097.5 (2022)
- Appendix V - Repealed Sections of the Political Reform Act (2022)
- Appendix VI - Sections of the Political Reform Act with a Future Operative Date (2022)
- Index (2022)