Fair Political Practices Commission
1102 Q Street, Suite 3000
Sacramento, CA 95811
General Contact Line: (916)322-5660
Advice Line: 1-866-ASK-FPPC (1-866-275-3772)
August 2, 2018 Agenda
The Budget and Personnel Committee will hold a committee meeting on August 2, 2018, at 10:00 a.m. The committee will meet to discuss and the public is welcome to listen to the committee proceedings.
- Public Items
- Update on State Budget.
- Review of Proposed 2018-2019 FPPC Budget. This will be considered by the full Commission at the July 19, 2018 Commission meeting.
- Update on FPPC Expenditures.
- Review of Commissioner Compensation and Travel Reimbursement Forms. These will be considered by the full Commission at the July 19, 2018 Commission meeting.
- Reports and Updates from Executive Director and Chief of Administration
- Implementation of New Legislative Reporting Requirements on FPPC Metrics.
- Staff Leadership Training (Government Code Section 19995.4).
- Pending and Future Projects
- A review of the equal employment and sexual harassment, discrimination and retaliation policies is in progress.
- Confidential and Deliberative Items
- Personnel Update
- General Counsel Hiring.
- Open Positions.
- Personnel Update
- You may listen to this committee meeting by teleconference by calling: (877) 411-9748; access code 723284.
The Commission has established two separate two-person standing advisory committees, the Budget and Personnel Committee and the Law and Policy Committee, to allow greater participation by individual Commissioners in making recommendations to the full Commission. In recognition of the public’s interest in the meetings of these committees, the Commission has directed the committees to allow the public to monitor committee deliberations, whenever possible, by publishing a two-day notice of the meeting and allowing callers to listen to the proceeding with a call-in telephone number. (See Commission Regulation 18308.1(d)(2)(E).)
As two-person advisory committees, Bagley Keene Open Meeting Requirements (Government Code Sections 11120 - 11132) do not apply to the committee meetings, and the committees are not currently soliciting public comment during their meetings. However, all public comments regarding the proposed agenda items are welcomed and encouraged prior to the meeting. If you would like to comment on an agenda item, you may email your comments to the Commission Assistant at CommAsst@fppc.ca.gov. Any comments submitted prior to the meeting will be provided to the committee members for consideration at the meeting.