In an effort to keep you informed regarding new and updated laws, manuals, forms, and other FPPC publications and services, this page will be updated each time changes occur. In most cases, links to updated material will remain for six months after the date of publication.
- The Campaign Disclosure Manuals have been updated through June 1, 2020. They can be found on the Campaign Disclosure Manuals page.
New Fact Sheets
Biennial Notices for Multi-County Agencies
- The Act requires every multi-county agency to review its conflict of interest code biennially and notify FPPC by October 1, 2020 as to whether or not the agency’s code needs to be amended. The appropriate documents are posted on the Rules on Conflict of Interest Codes for State and Local Agencies page.
Advertising Disclosure Charts
- New advertisement disclosure rules are in effect as of January 1, 2020. Posted on the Campaign Advertising - Requirements and Restrictions page are the updated advertisement disclosure charts that reflect the new rules for all committees.
State and Local Post-Employment Factsheets
- Legislation effective January 1, 2018 changed the rules on post-employment restrictions. Updated information and factsheets have been posted on the Rules for Leaving Government Service page.
Recent Changes to the Law
- Please read the Recent Changes to the Political Reform Act Fact Sheet for summaries of legislative and regulatory changes made to the Political Reform Act in 2020.
How to Request Advice
If you have questions about your obligations under the Act you can request advice directly from FPPC staff