December 2021 Agenda
NOTICE AND AGENDA
Fair Political Practices Commission
1102 Q Street, Suite 3800
Sacramento, CA 95811
Thursday, December 16, 2021
Under Government Code section 11133(a), a state body may hold public meetings through teleconferencing and make public meetings accessible telephonically, or otherwise electronically, to all members of the public seeking to observe and address the state body. Members of the public may listen to the meeting by phone by calling (877) 411-9748; access code 723284; or watch the meeting via Webinar at YouTube. To participate in real time, visit http://mediasite.fppc.ca.gov/ or call (877) 411-9748; access code 723284.
Persons who, due to a disability, need assistance in order to participate in this meeting should, prior to the meeting, contact the Commission Assistant at (916) 322-5745 (voice), CommAsst@fppc.ca.gov (e-mail) and ADACoordinator@fppc.ca.gov. TTY/TDD and Speech-to-Speech users may dial 7-1-1 for the California Relay Service to submit comments on an agenda item or to request special accommodations for persons with disabilities.
The Commission may take action on any item listed on this agenda.
Richard C. Miadich, Chair
1. Public Comment
During this comment period, any person is invited to speak on any topic that is not listed on this agenda. Action may not be taken on any matter raised during this public comment period until the matter is specifically listed on a future agenda. Those who wish to comment on an item that has been listed on this agenda may comment when that item has been opened for consideration by the Commission and before any action is taken.
2. Approval of Commission Minutes
3-7. Agenda Items
3. Adoption of Proposed Form 409, Limited Liability Company (LLC) Statement of Members. Staff: Erika M. Boyd, Senior Counsel, Legal Division. Staff presents proposed Form 409 for the disclosure of specified information regarding LLCs participating in California elections as required by legislation effective January 1, 2022. The Commission will consider the proposed form for adoption.
4. Mass Mailing Sent at Public Expense. In the Matter of County of Stanislaus; FPPC No. 17/325. Staff: Jenna C. Rinehart, Commission Counsel and Alethea Perez, Special Investigator. The respondent was represented by Thomas E. Boze, County Counsel. The County of Stanislaus sent a mass mailing that featured a governmental official at public expense, in violation of Government Code Section 89001 and Regulation 18901 (3 counts). Total Proposed Penalty: $9,000.
5. Enforcement Division Update. Staff: Angela Brereton, Chief of Enforcement and Christopher Burton, Assistant Chief of Enforcement. This presentation will give an overview of the following general topics: Enforcement and its processes; 2021 workload recap; streamline program update; preelection outreach program; and 2022 election year projections.
6. Executive Staff Reports.
Enforcement Division. Angela Brereton, Chief of Enforcement
Legal Division. David Bainbridge, General Counsel
Administration and Technology Division, Loressa Hon, Chief of Administration
Executive Director Update. Galena West, Executive Director
7. Commissioner Comments and Proposed Future Agenda Items.
Note: Although any Commissioner may identify a topic of interest, the Commission may not substantially discuss or take action on any matter raised during the meeting that is not included on this agenda, except to decide to place the matter on the agenda of a future meeting. (Government Code Sections 11125 & 11125.7(a).)
You can obtain further information about the meeting by contacting the Commission Assistant, 1102 Q Street, Suite 3000, Sacramento, CA, 95811, Tel. (916) 322-5745. Written comments on agenda items should be submitted to the Commission no later than 12:00 p.m. the day before the meeting in order to afford the Commissioners adequate time to fully consider the comments. Email comment letters directly to CommAsst@fppc.ca.gov. To participate in real time, visit http://mediasite.fppc.ca.gov/.
The agenda and related documents are posted on the FPPC website at www.fppc.ca.gov. Materials submitted by the public regarding each agenda item will be made available on the website. The Commission makes every attempt to post ADA compliant documents. If there is a document that is not compliant, please email the Commission Assistant requesting an ADA compliant version.
Members of the public may listen to the meeting by phone by calling (877) 411-9748; access code 723284; or watch the meeting via Webinar at YouTube.
The meeting location is accessible to the disabled. Persons who, due to a disability, need assistance in order to participate in this meeting should, prior to the meeting, contact the Commission Assistant at (916) 322-5745 (voice), CommAsst@fppc.ca.gov (e-mail) and ADACoordinator@fppc.ca.gov. TTY/TDD and Speech-to-Speech users may dial 7-1-1 for the California Relay Service to submit comments on an agenda item or to request special accommodations for persons with disabilities. Please allow three business days between the request and the meeting date.